Outstanding Junior Scholarship Award:
In an endeavor to promote higher scholastic standards among students in Animal Science, the National Block & Bridle Club will offer cash awards to outstanding junior students who are enrolled in college and are active members of a Block & Bridle Club.
The following rules and regulations are suggested:
1. The student must be enrolled in a regular four-year curriculum and must have completed at least eight quarters or five semesters of course work and have at least one year of college work remaining to be completed.
2. The student must be an active member in good standing of the local and National Block & Bridle Club.
3. Selection will be conducted by a committee selected by the National Block & Bridle Vice President with a minimum of three committee members. The committee should include at least one undergraduate student and at least one representative of a small chapter (this could be the same person).
4. The names of the five winners will be announced at the National Block & Bridle Convention and also published in the first newsletter from the National Editor following the date of the award.
5. If for some reason the winner of the scholarship is unable to accept the award, the second place contestant shall be eligible. In no case will the award be given to an individual if they do not continue college work.
6. The chapter’s nomination for the Outstanding Junior Scholarship Award is limited to five (5) typed pages (front only). An official transcript must be attached to the nomination. However, only one (1) original of the official transcript is necessary. The other two (2) copies for the nomination may be photocopies of the original. Please be as complete and thorough as possible.
The report should contain the following items:
A. Scholarship (50%)
An official transcript, signed by the register, stating the number of credit hours completed and grade point average should accompany the credentials. All scholarship awards should be listed.
B. Summary of Block and Bridle Activities (35%)
All of the activities of the Block & Bridle Club in which the nominee has taken part should be included, such as offices held, committee assignments, work assignments, etc.
C. Other Activities (15%)
This list should include all activities since entering college not sponsored by the Block & Bridle Club (such as fraternities, church, intern experiences, athletics, debate, drama, judging, college committees, work, etc.).